“For there is one body and one Spirit, just as you have been called to one glorious hope for the future. There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all, in all, and living through all.” Ephesians 4:4-6 (NLT)
There is one Lord – Jesus Christ, who is King of Kings, Lord of Lords, our Savior, our coming Bridegroom
There is one Spirit – The Holy Spirit, who fills and empowers us
There is one Father – Our God, who sits upon the Throne in glory and splendor
There is one body – The Church, who comprises many parts and unique expressions
There is one faith – Through Jesus Christ being the only way to the Father and to eternal life
There is one baptism – As a demonstration of our belief and faith in Jesus Christ
There is one hope – A glorious eternity with Jesus
Folks, there is one church in our city. Though there are the many expressions of local churches which have a name that uniquely separates them from other congregations, please understand this… there is only one body! God only sees one church in Athens!
Please be praying that every wall of division, perceived or actual, would be removed. That “churches” would begin to see themselves as God sees them, as a part of the larger body in our city, and then begin operating as such!
Pray for the body of Christ in Athens…
• That pride would be broken and replaced with true humility!
• That fear would be crushed by love!
• That the dominating independent spirit would be replaced by a new level of cooperation and honor!
• That the religious spirit would be replaced by the Holy Spirit!
• That we would put each other higher than ourselves!
• That the world would see we are His people because of our love for each other!
• That new Godly partnerships and alignments would be formed in Him!
• That broken and wounded parts would be healed and restored!
• That God would command His blessing here because of our kingdom unity!
• That we would be ready for the Great Awakening that is coming soon!